Featured Post

The 2017-18 Season in Review

LINKS TO ALL THE POSTSEASON COVERAGE All the numbers have been pretty well crunched and the lists made.  The writing takes a while. I can&...

Monday, December 12, 2016

Note about rankings

I mentioned a few days ago that I would have initial rankings today, but I've decided to put it off for a week for a simple reason: there's just not enough data. We've got legitimate top-10 teams for both boys and girls with only 1 or 2 matches recorded.  I don't want to be unfair to a team that had one really good day, one really bad day, was missing a top bowler, whatever.  Just as big a reason is that the Big North, which has some powerful teams, both boys and girls, has not yet begun conference play. This week, for exmpale, the Holy Angels girls face Hackensack and Immaculate Heart, and the Wayne Valley girls hit the lanes twice. We'll see the full Clifton boys lineup after watching two of their top bowlers perform wonderfully at the North Jersey singles.  By the end of this week, I should have enough information to at least make some educated guesses as to the top 20 teams in New Jersey.


No comments:

Post a Comment